I’m so glad everyone is safe after all the rain in the last week! Staff are looking into an alternate field trip date for the cancelled pumpkin patch visit. Stay tuned while all the details including alternate days for the visit and bus availability are worked out. In leu of the pumpkin patch this week, we’ll have a classroom fall celebration next week. Details to come in the next few days!
We’ve explored emotions in our reading lessons, reading “I was so Mad” and “When Sophie Gets Angry-Really, Really Angry.” We’ve explored taking responsibility for actions when angry and revisited we can do to be ready to learn. We’ve read poems, noticing the letters and sounds that begin words and the syllables in the words we say and read.
In social studies We talked about ways to make friends and made written plans with a point of finding specific friends to play with. We also create alternate play plans, in case a friend or play area are not available when we start our play sessions. We’ve continued exploring the five senses and used time when we are not working to explore what we can see, smell, hear, and feel. We talk about taste during snack time.
In math we’ve explored “counting paths” that allow us to ensure we count all objects in an un-ordered group (under 10 items) without counting any item twice! That’s going to come in handy when sharing with our friends!
Tonight at Clark! 6:30-8:30
What Every Parent Wants to Know About the Issaquah School District
- What Every Parent Wants to Know About the Issaquah School District
- 每位家长都需要了解的 Issaquah School District (Chinese)
- 모든 학부모님들이 이사콰 스쿨 디스트릭에 대해 알고 싶어하는 점들 (Korean)
- Что Каждый Родитель Хочет Знать О Школьном Округе города Иссаквы (Russian)
- Lo que a todo padre le gustaría saber sobre el sistema educativo en el Distrito Escolar de Issaquah (Spanish)
- Những Điều Cha Mẹ Cần Biết Về Khu Trường Học Issaquah (Vietnamese)
Tomorrow (Thursday 10/24) –
We have a painting lesson in art! Be sure to wear something that can get paint on it, just in case.
Scholastic Book fair from 4-6 pm.
Friday (10/25) Bingo! Stop by the Lost and found and the Scholastic Book Fair!
* All PTA members get 5 free BINGO game boards! (Join below)
* Game boards are $1 each or 10 for $6 – cash only.
* Show spirit by wearing your Halloween costume (school appropriate costumes – no weapons or masks).
* Pizza and water for purchase – PRE- ORDER NOW and pay $3 a slice ($4 night of) – pre-orders accepted through Oct 23.
* Bake sale hosted by 4th grade families to support their 5th grade experience fund.
Nov. 1 (Fri)
PTA Reflections Due! This year’s theme is “A look within.” Download a student entry packet.
Nov. 6 (Wed.)
6:30-8:30 at Sunset elementary. Communicating with teachers at Parent-Teacher Conferences (Elementary Only)
Kindergarten CogAT during school hours.
Please be sure your child attends school and has had a great breakfast.
Thank you for your support this week and for your help getting the children ready for our field trip! I’ll be in touch in the next few days with an update about the fall celebration.