Thank you so much for this year! At the start of the year, we were partners, teaching at home and at school. These last few months, you’ve been the glue that held teaching and learning together. It has been an honor and a privilege to have your child in class, both in person and in the virtual classroom. You have done an amazing job supporting their learning, and I can’t thank you enough for all you have done in these challenging times. I am so grateful for all of the wonderful kindness you have given me throughout the year, and I can’t thank you enough for the thoughts, goodies, and generosity you’ve shown. I can’t express my gratitude enough for all that and letting me get to know you and your child!
- Plan for Next Week:
- On Monday we have two assignments. Writing and an end-of-the-year reading check in on Seesaw. It is Clark Elementary’s kindergarten goal to read level D books with understanding. This means that they might make 5-10 reading errors, but can understand what they are reading. Please have your child try their best to read this level D book ON THEIR OWN. If they do not know a word, you can encourage them to take their best guess or skip it and move on. We want to know what your child can do independently.
- We’ll have some celebrations, chances to write to friends and use the blog as a place to share and keep connected – say goodbye if you can’t make it to the Monday zoom.
- Finally, I’ll post some crafts, art, and a Mystery Doug to think about.
- Please pick up your belongings from school Monday June 22nd from 1-3:30 if you haven’t done so already. I’ve put a “graduation” certificate and a treat in the bag, and everything from your child’s desk is in the bag.
- Report Cards: Report cards will go “live” at 5pm on June 23rd.
- Our Last Specialist update, if you haven’t seen it, is here: https://sway.office.com/v7xV9UzImJUyRFBg?ref=Link
- Don’t forget to turn in library books or to pay library fines. With the quick time-line to leave the school in March, many books are missing.
- Our whole staff says goodbye here: https://youtu.be/wNFqFVQftME
- You can download your child’s Seesaw portfolio. Just follow the steps below (or view it here: http://kari.ramadorai.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/DownloadSeesaw.pdf).
- Keep up the learning all summer! Use Lexia all summer!
Our LAST Optional Monday Class Zoom: It’s a chance for children to see each other, say goodbye, and to sing our morning songs together, hear a story, and talk!
Office hours: If I can do anything to support our amazing class parents or help you get ready for summer let me know. I’ll be online at 9 am Tuesday and 4 pm Thursday.
As always, I appreciate everything you’ve done and the support that you have been over this learning adventure.